Become Your Best Self
Being healthy means more than simply being physically active. It’s about maintaining a balanced spirit, mind and body. The Y is a place where you can work toward that balance by challenging yourself to learn a new skill or hobby, fostering connections with friends through our lifelong learning programs, or bringing your loved ones closer together through our many family-centered activities.
At the Y, it’s not about the activity you choose as much as it is about the benefits of living healthier on the inside as well as the outside.
Class schedules will be available on our App and at trymca.org.
Outdoor and Indoor Group Exercise Classes are available.
Group Exercise Guidelines:
• Members must have a signed Waiver on file, and guest must have a complete the Guest Form & show photo ID, before reservations can be taken (click here to view and sign the Waiver). Waivers may also be signed electronically at the Service Desk in the main building or by visiting trymca.org/waiver.
• All Group Exercise class locations have limited capacities. Participation is on a first come first serve basis.
• Members must bring their own equipment necessary for class (i.e. yoga mats).
• Please practice social distancing before, during, and after classes.
• Classes are subject to be canceled due to inclement weather.
Whether you are brand new to fitness or a veteran wellness seeker looking for new workout ideas, YMCA Personal Trainers are trained and certified to provide you with safe and effective workouts. Your Personal Trainer will develop a workout program specifically designed to help you attain your fitness goals.
Contact Kira Parker (email@example.com) for more information on Personal Training.
Personal Training Guidelines:
• Members must have a signed Waiver on file before Personal Training session can be scheduled (click here to view and sign the Waiver). Waivers may also be signed electronically at the Service Desk in the main building or by visiting trymca.org/waiver.
• Members are asked to wear a mask in the facility except for when they are strenuously exercising.
• Personal Trainers will wear a mask and follow social distancing guidelines, whenever possible, throughout each session.
Schedule your Orientation
A FREE equipment orientation is offered to all members. Equipment orientation includes instructions to use the fitness equipment in the Cardio and Weight Resistance rooms safely and effectively. Appropriate closed toed shoes must be worn during your orientation session. Please contact Kira Parker to schedule your orientation.
firstname.lastname@example.org l 252-638-8799
Special Needs Zumba
Special Needs Zumba® helps children and adults of all abilities benefit from physical fitness and group interaction.
Students and mentors are encouraged to participate together. This fun social party-like workout is appropriate for both male and female individuals with all forms of physical and mental special needs. Modifications and progressions will be provided. Please come dressed in non-restrictive workout attire. Closed toe gym shoes are required to participate.
This program is absolutely free to all TWIN RIVERS YMCA members and non-members. All new and returning non-member participants must visit the Service Desk to sign our updated Guest Form and Waiver.
Participants will meet on Wednesdays from 5:00-5:45pm. Participants will meet in the Multi-Purpose room and class will be led by our licensed Zumba® Instructor, April Daniels.
Teen Certification is a one-time course for teens ages 12-15 years old. Teens will learn the appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities to properly use the cardio equipment and the resistance machines.
This does not allow teens under 16 to use the free weight room.
Due to restritions, Teen Certifications are being held by appointment only.
Please contact Kira Parker to schedule today!
email@example.com l 252-638-8799
Yoga for Recovery
Yoga for Recovery is designed to Lead students with breath work, gentle yoga flow, self-meditations and guided meditations to allow the body to release the negative side of thinking, aiding in knowledge of self-worth, and growing in the Spirit within each. This class is led by Anne Rivett who holds a certification through YogaFit Yoga for Addiction and Recovery.
This class is FREE for members and non-members. All first time non-member participants must sign a Guest Form and waiver before attending.
Yoga for Recovery meets on Thursdays from 3:00-4:00pm. Please bring your own mat.