REACH FOR EXCELLENCE
ENJOY THE SPIRIT OF COMPETITION
Our swimmers compete work hard to compete in local, state and regional meets annually.
The Riptide Swimming program has something for everyone who wants to be involved in swimming. We focus on teaching the fundamentals from the beginning and reinforcing those techniques with drills designed to encourage stroke development. We offer many levels and think of swimming as a lifelong experience that can be enjoyable for all ages.
Questions? Contact Us:
Sam Mashburn, Head Coach
Meet the Coach
- First YMCA coaching position
- USA and YMCA competitive swim coaching certified
- Has a technique oriented coaching philosophy for swimming
- Has coached NCAA Division 2, NJCAA, NAIA, International and USA swim clubs
- Has coached in Kentucky, North Carolina, Iowa, Georgia and Mexico
- Swam collegiately at Mars Hill University
- From Cumming, Georgia
- Avid fan of all Atlanta sports teams and the University of Georgia Bulldogs
Members ages 13 - 18 years
This group is for our top level swimmers. Swimmers in
this group should be focused on competing in a year round environment with Taper Meets at least twice a year. Swimmers will have goal setting, dryland, and morning practices as part of this group. All practices will be required through the high school season as well as travel meets, home meets, GYSSA and USRY.
October 31 - March 17
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 4:00 – 5:30pm
Tuesday & Thursday
5:30 – 6:30am & 4:00 - 5:30pm
Cost is $600
Seniors: Dryland Training
Dryland Training will be designed to strengthen the muscles used for swimming. This will consist of various exercises designed to help build muscle, improve exibility, and increase cardio endurance.
October 31 - March 17 Monday & Wednesday 3:30 - 4:00pm
Members ages 9-14 years The Junior Group is for swimmers from 10-13 years old who can complete a 200 IM legally and has solid fundamentals in all 4 strokes. The practice is divided to have about 40% of practice be skill re nement and 60% conditioning and speed. Swimmers in this group should attend all weekday practices, every home meet, and participate in 4-5 weekend travel meets including GYSSA and USRY if they qualify.
August 26 - March 17 Monday - Friday
4:00 - 5:30pm
Cost is $565
Members ages 6-10 years Swimmers are typically 7-10 years old and have been on the team for about 2 years. In this group swimmers will learn to do butterfly and breaststroke as well as free and back turns. About 80% of practice is spent on drills and stroke technique. Swimmers in this group should do all of the home meets and possibly some of our closer weekend meets for travel.
September 19 - March 17 Monday - Friday
5:30 - 6:30pm
Cost is $435
Members ages 9-12 years Blue group swimmers are from 9-12 years old and can do a legal 100 IM. In this group swimmers will begin to concentrate on 50’s of each stroke and spend about 60% of each practice working on skill re nement while the other 40% will be spent on conditioning. In this group swimmers should attend 4 practices a week, all home meets, and 2-3 weekend meets throughout the season including GYSSA and USRY if they qualify.
September 12 - March 17 Monday - Friday
5:30 - 6:30pm
Cost is $455
Members ages 5-8 years This is our introductory level of the swim team. Swimmers in this group will learn the basics of freestyle and backstroke and are introduced to breaststroke and butterfly skills. The typical age range for this group is from 6-8 years old; this should be first or second year swimming experience. Swimmers in this group are encouraged to participate in all of our home meets.
Session 2: January 16 - March 17
Monday, Tuesdsy, Thursday (chose two nights per week)
4:15 - 5:15pm
$120 Member $260 Non-Member