Confidence in the Water
Swimming is a life skill as well as great exercise and a challenging sport. The YMCA offers swim lessons for all ages and abilities, Riptide youth swim team, Masters adult swim team and more. Swim year-round in our heated, indoor and outdoor pools with the folks that created group swim lessons!
Due to COVID-19, offerings are limited at this time.
Outdoor Pool - Lap Swim & Individual Exercise
Beginning June 1, 2020, our Outdoor Pool & Pool House will be open with limited availabilty.
Outdoor Pool Guidelines:
• Members must have a signed Waiver on file before reservations can be taken (click here to view and sign the Waiver). Waivers may also be signed electronically at the Service Desk in the main building orby visiting trymca.org/waiver.
• The Outdoor Pool will be available to members by reservation only and in 45-minute time slots. Only Lap Swimming and Individual Exercising will be permitted. No Open Recreation.
• Entry to the Outdoor Pool will only be allowed through the Pool House. All members must scan in with their membership card.
• Only one lap swimmer will be allowed per lane - 6 lanes will be available.
• Only 6 individual exercisers will be allowed in the designated exercise area. Social distancing is required.
• Individuals are permitted to reserve a spot 2 days in advance.
• Only one reservation per day is allowed.
• Reservations start at the top of the hour. All swimmers must exit the pool at 45 after the hour to allow for cleaning and preparation for the next group of swimmers.
• If you arrive late for your reservation (15 minutes after the hour) your reservation will be forfeit.
• Members must bring their own equipment necessary for individual exercise (i.e. kickboards).
• Reservations will be taken over the phone between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Call 252-638-8799 to reserve a time slot.
• Please practice social distancing on the Pool Deck and in the Pool House.
• Face masks are recommended in community or common areas
• Only the restrooms will be open in the Pool House and we are asking members to limit their time inthe facility.
• Lockers and showers will not be available.
• Pool chairs & tables will not be available.
• Towel Service will not be provided.
Riptide Swim Team
The Riptide Swimming program has something for everyone who wants to be involved in swimming. We focus on teaching the fundamentals from the beginning and reinforcing those techniques with drills designed to encourage stroke development. We offer many levels and think of swimming as a lifelong experience that can be enjoyable for all ages.