Where Care Meets Achievement
The YMCA offers programs to help your child succeed in the classroom. Whether you're a new parent looking to learn how to best prepare your young one for school, or looking for a fun, enriching place for your older child to spend time after school until you get off work, the YMCA has programs aimed at helping giving them the best chance at a bright future.
The hours children spend outside of the classroom are critical to their growth and development. The Y is committed to providing children with a safe, enriching and fun environment during out-of-school time and emergency care, where we foster positive physical, social, emotional and cognitive growth. We weave an emphasis on health and wellness into every program, to ensure that every child is learning healthy habits for a lifetime.
2022-2023 After School Program
Registration is ongoing for the 2022-2023 school year.
**Online Registration is only available Mondays at 9am through Fridays at 12pm**
Please contact Cynthia Genovese for information on how to register your child.
firstname.lastname@example.org - 252-638-8799
The YMCA After School Program is currently taking registrations for the following schools:
- Arthur Edwards Elementary (waiting on 7 more students)
- Bangert Elementary (waiting list)
- Ben D Quinn Elementary (space available)
- Bridgeton Elementary (space available)
- Brinson Elementary (space available)
- Creekside Elementary (space available)
- Graham A. Barden (need 12 students)
- James W. Smith Elementary (need 12 students)
- Oaks Road Elementary (need 11 students)
- Roger Bell Elementary (need 12 students)
- Trent Park Elementary (limited space available)
- Vanceboro Farm Life Elementary (space available)
- WJ Gurganus Elementary (space available)
We must have 12 students registered at each school to run the program. For children in grades K-5th.
Snack will be provided. No additional charge for Full Days Out when we provide care.
Half day care will be based on school site - more information to come.
Registration fee of $25 is due upon registration.
Financial Assistance is available.