Learn, Grow and Thrive with a Career at the Y
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you'll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you. Our staff members of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes from nurturing the potential of youth and teens, improving the nation's health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors.
Posting Date: 6/26/2017
Wages: $9 per hour
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Providing supervision of the facility while the professional staff is off duty.
- Ensures Y is attractive, clean, and inviting to members and guests at all times. May perform light housekeeping and maintenance tasks as needed during shift.
- Ensures YMCA building and property are safe and secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
- Ability to communicate effectively YMCA programs and services to the community.
- Demonstrating; strong human relation skills, adapting to changing environments, and working with others as a team
- Performing laundry services for member towel service.
- Assist the Service Desk Personnel in giving membership tours of the facility.
- Records and reports all needed repairs; repairs as directed.
- Direct emergency services in the event of a mishap with followup report completion to Management.
- Participates in fundraising events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Nine – Twelve months of documented customer service related work to employers and community.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Certifications: Current CPR/AED & First Aid preferred, will be required to obtain qualification within six months of hire date.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- At least 25 years of age.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties.
- Standing for long periods of time up to 8 hours per shift
- Lifiting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Bending, stooping, time outdoors.
- Occasional sitting and desk work up to 8 hours per shift
- Working with cleaning chemicals
- Ability to observe and observe participants in proper equipment usage.
Youth Basketball Official
Posting Date: 10/19/2017
Wages: $10 per hour
Under the supervision of the Sports Director and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, the Sports Official will be responsible for the refereeing and officiating of youth and or adult sports. The Sports Official will ensure a safe, fun area for members and participants to interact and enjoy. This position requires face-to-face leadership in the Youth and Adult programs and may involve early morning, evening, and weekend responsibilities. Weekend availability required. He/she will perform these functions in accordance with the stated mission, values, principles, and practices established by the administrative staff, governing committees and Board of Directors of the Twin Rivers YMCA.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
One to two months of athletic or sports officiating experience preferred. To perform this job successfully, an individual must have reasonable knowledge of the game with an emphasis on the rules specific to the Twin Rivers YMCA League. Ability to interact with people of all ethnic backgrounds, ages, and lifestyles required. Must have a desire to work with children and their parents/guardians. YMCA experience preferred.
MISSION ADVANCEMENT: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive, working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
COLLABORATION: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning: speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
OPERATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work, and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
PERSONAL GROWTH: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Has the functional and technological knowledge and skills required to perform well, uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Follows Association safety procedures and protocols
- Officiates games in a fair manner according to Association rules
- Must demonstrate the ability to control all aspects of a game
- Works closely with league coaches
- Ensures participants have fun
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Group Exercise Instructor
Department: Health & Wellness
Posting Date: 10/20/2017
Wages: $12 per hour
General Function: Works under the direct supervision of the Health and Wellness Director in harmony with the Christian values and the purpose of the YMCA. The Group Exercise Instructor will be directly responsible and accountable for assisting in the development and supervision of the Group Exercise Program.
Know How: The Group Exercise Instructor must demonstrate a personal commitment to the mission of the YMCA. He/She must set the example for other to follow. Good communication skills (written and verbal) are essential, along with the ability to work effectively with people as a team. Must be able to promote the programs and services of the YMCA, dress appropriately to fit the task, friendly, and exhibit good health habits. This position requires good organizational skills, strong human relation skills, and the ability to adapt to a changing environment. The ability to maintain harmonious relationships with staff, volunteers, members, and guests are essential.
- Work closely with the Health and Wellness Director to develop the needs of the Group Exercise Program
- Find appropriate substitute coverage and substitute for other Group Exercise Instructors as needed
- Create a positive working environment and encourage and motivate others to become more involved in the YMCA
- Maintain and evaluate the current Group Exercise equipment, reporting the needs of the program to the Health and Wellness Director
- Plan and implement new classes, employing new music and choreography to maintain member interest
- Demonstrate proper form/technique and verbally cue members; correct form is necessary
- Set-up, store, and secure equipment upon completion of class
- The Group Exercise Instructor will maintain their certifications and stay current with exercise techniques
- Attend meetings when requested
- Participate in fundraising events
Accountability: The Group Exercise Instructor will report directly to the Health and Wellness Director. He/She will be responsible for the successful delivery and development of the Group Exercise Program.
Position Requirements: Must have specific knowledge of exercise training in regard to the classes that are taught; current Adult CPR and AED certification; a national recognized group fitness certification (ACE, AFAA, YMCA, etc. and/or a nationally recognized personal trainer certification (ACSM, NSCA, ACE, AFAA, etc.)