Learn, Grow and Thrive with a Career at the Y
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you'll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you. Our staff members of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes from nurturing the potential of youth and teens, improving the nation's health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors.
Fitness Floor Attendant
Job Description General Function:
Works under the direct supervision of the Health and Wellness Director in harmony with the Christian values and purpose of the YMCA. The Fitness Floor Supervisor will be directly responsible and accountable for providing the highest quality of service to members and the community at large.
The Fitness Floor Supervisor must demonstrate a personal commitment to the mission of the YMCA. He/She must set the example for others to follow. Good communication skills (written and verbal) are essential, along with the ability to work effectively with people as a team. Must be able to sell the programs and services of the YMCA, dress professionally to fit the task, friendly, and exhibit good health habits. This position requires good organizational skills, strong human relation skills, and the ability to adapt to a changing environment. The ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with staff, volunteers, members, and guests are essential.
- Work closely with the Health and Wellness Director to develop the needs of the Health and Wellness Department.
- Conduct orientations that are scheduled in the computer, as well as, “on the spot” orientations.
- Maintain order in the fitness areas by ensuring that the YMCA members and guests are following YMCA rules and regulations regarding use of equipment.
- Clean cardio machines and strength training equipment.
- Clean floors in program areas regularly to remove dust, dirt, and perspiration marks.
- Clean and organize the Group Exercise Room and Multi-Purpose Room.
- Refill spray bottles as needed.
- Restock small towels in the program areas as needed.
- Report damaged/broken equipment to the Health and Wellness Director and post “out of order” signs when needed.
- Dust windowsills, facings, power cords, and magazine racks at least twice a week.
- Straighten magazines and discard outdated or worn magazines.
- Spot clean windows with window cleaner as needed.
- Attend meetings when requested.
- Participate in fundraising events.
- Participate in delivery of services to members to ensure excellence.
- Create a positive working environment where everyone feels welcome, and encourage and motivate others to become more involved in the YMCA.
The Fitness Floor Attendant will report directly to the Health and Wellness Director, He/She will be responsible for the successful delivery and development of the Health and Wellness Program.
The Fitness Floor Attendant will have specific knowledge of exercise training, with advanced knowledge of training on all of the YMCA fitness equipment. A current Adult CPR and AED certification is required. Must be at least 18 years of age. A nationally recognized group fitness certification (ACE, AFAA, YMCA, etc.) and/or a nationally known personal trainer certification (ACSM, NSCA, ACE, AFAA, etc.) is preferred.
- Standing for long periods of time, up to 8 hours per shift
- Lifting and carrying up to 100lbs
- Time outdoors
- Working with chemicals
- Must be able to perform the physical duties of the activities of which you supervise
Hiring rate: $7.50 - $8.00 per hour