To bring about meaningful change, individuals need ongoing encouragement and tools. We're here day-in and day-out to provide the resources our communities need to address the most pressing social issues: child welfare, education, health, and social connection. We work to make sure every child, family and community has what they need to achieve their best.
As a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y was created in response to social challenges and remains to this day a lifeline in communities around the world. The Y understands the challenges that keep individuals from reaching their full potential and responds with services and support which help people to be self-reliant, productive and connected to the community. Each Y responds to the unique issues influencing the community and provides support through services focused on critical areas, such as child welfare, community health, environmental education, quality of life or family services. Below are a few examples of how our Y is providing support to our community.
- Helping more than 2,000 children learn life-saving skills each school year through the water safety program
- Keeping more than 400 children engaged throughout the summer with camps and enrichment programs
- Nurturing the potential of more than 4,500 kids through the Afterschool Program, Sports, and Membership
- Providing a safe space for those in need by offering more than $89,208 in financial assistance to students in after-school care
- Investing more than $160K in healthy lifestyle promotion programs to help at-risk populations improve their overall health and wellbeing
- Offer community support through 77 group fitness classes taught by 34 certified instructors
- Provide more than 8,000 members a home away from home at the Y, where they can be physically and socially active.
- Give parents peace of mind with on-site child care
- Help more than 1,028 neighbors in need belong to the Y through financial assistance
- Offer $295,418 in total charitable assistance to our community, opening doors to opportunity for all
- Foster community and connections among the more than 2,368 seniors who belong to the Y